How to Apply to the 3/2 Program
Admission to the 3/2 program is not guaranteed for all applicants; admissions decisions will be made by the Caltech Faculty Upperclass Admissions Committee. The following checklist, however, tells you everything you will need to do in order to apply to Caltech.
3/2 Application Checklist
- You will need to create an account in order to complete the 3/2 application. The deadline for submission of the 3/2 application is April 1. Admission to the program is determined by the Caltech Upperclass Admissions Committee.
Note: To protect the privacy and security of your application, you must register your email address. Once your account is created, you may access it at any time using your registered email and self-selected password.
- Complete the International 3/2 Student Supplemental Form, if relevant (if you are an international 3/2 student if you are neither a U.S. citizen nor permanent resident).
- Get letters of recommendation from your college's 3/2 liaison and from a mathematics, science, or engineering faculty member.
- Complete one year of physics (two years recommended).
- Complete one year of mathematics (including multivariable calculus and differential equations; two years recommended).
- Complete one year of chemistry.
- Application Deadline: April 1
- Admit Reply Deadline*: June 1
*While Caltech does not require a deposit, all admitted 3/2 students must reply to our offer of admission by June 1.